April 20, 2021
For more information, contact Tom Strandberg, (541) 963-1330.
LA GRANDE– We are constructing over three dozen key highway projects this year in eastern Oregon to fix pavement, sidewalks and bridges to make the highways safer and extend the life of the transportation system. Several projects are underway and a few others are starting.
Projects involving ADA curb ramps highlight our work this summer. We’re doing this to make our transportation system more accessible for everyone, with ramps that work for all. Here are some of our ADA related projects.
- U.S. 395: Paving between Hermiston and I-84, from mileposts 6.03 to 12.52. Project also includes ADA curb ramp upgrades in Hermiston and Stanfield, and lane reconfiguration through Stanfield.
- U.S. 30: Signals and ADA upgrades in Pendleton.
Several ADA upgrade projects for 2021 include:
- Union County, with work in progress in Cove and Imbler. Elgin, Island City and La Grande will begin later this spring and summer.
- Malheur County, with work in progress in Vale and Nyssa.
- Work expected to resume in Union and Enterprise in May, completing the project started in 2020.
See attached PDF for list of all key eastern Oregon projects planned for 2021.
Please remember to watch for crews, equipment and flaggers, and to be prepared to slow down or stop when you see those orange cones and construction signs.
Distracted or inattentive driving and speed remain primary causes of crashes, so please put cell phones and other distractions away, and ease up on the gas. We want you and our crews to all get home safely at the end of the day. Remember, traffic fines double in all work zones.
The highway projects are sorted by county, with interstates and U.S. highways listed first, followed by state routes. Traffic impacts are listed in bold type. Location information is listed via milepost number for the highway section, with local crossroads/landmarks identified. Construction timeframes are estimates and subject to change.
Updates will be shared throughout the construction season. For more information on key projects visit www.tinyurl.com/odot5 or contact Tom Strandberg at 541-963-1330, email@example.com.