Summer road construction is underway with more than 90 projects occurring statewide.
Our goal is to complete the work quickly while making sure workers and travelers stay safe. That means some temporary inconveniences such as closures and detours.
Here’s how you can ‘Know before you go’
Our 2020 summer construction project map shows you where all of the projects are happening.
- The award-winning TripCheck.com provides 24/7 information on current closures and detours. You can save it as a favorite on your mobile device: It works just like an app.
- Sign up for updates. You can get traffic alerts and construction updates delivered right to your inbox.
- Follow @OregonDOT on Twitter for breaking news. In addition, we offer 50 automated TripCheck Twitter feeds for various areas of the state.
- Read details about all of our projects on our website. Visit our project information page and search for specific projects or areas.
- Stay informed through news outlets. We work hand-in-hand with Oregon radio and television stations and newspapers to share the latest information about highway projects.
Please use caution when driving through work zones. You may encounter traffic restrictions, reduced speeds, lane closures, detours and delays. Watch for signs, flaggers and pilot cars to guide you through construction zones. Above all, slow down and please drive carefully!