Sept. 24, 2020
Don Hamilton, 503-704-1-8265, Don.Hamilton@odot.state.or.us
Hope Estes, 503-731-4812, Hope.Estes@odot.state.or.us
PORTLAND – ODOT has opened an online open house exploring the Outer Powell Transportation Safety Project that offers a look at both the work already done and what’s to come next.
Construction is nearly complete on Phase 1 of the project between Southeast 122nd Avenue and 136th Avenue. Meanwhile, design is underway for the remaining section of the project which will extend from I-205 to just east of Southeast 174th Avenue, the Portland city limits.
We invite you to explore the online open house at https://tinyurl.com/OuterPowell now through Oct. 18 to learn more about the completed and upcoming improvements. They include:
- Sidewalks where there are now none
- Crosswalks so people can cross the road more safely
- A mix of protected and raised bike lanes
- Center turn lanes for cars, buses and trucks for safer turns and reduced back-ups
- Storm drains to prevent water from pooling on the road
- Lighting for improved visibility
- Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons to alert drivers that people are crossing the street.
ODOT is working closely with the City of Portland, the local community, and state, federal and local agencies to bring these community improvements to busy outer SE Powell Boulevard.
To learn more or ask questions, visit OuterPowellSafety.org or contact Hope Estes, 503-731-4812, Hope.Estes@odot.state.or.us.
- For ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) or Civil Rights Title VI accommodations, translation/interpretation services, or more information call 503-731-4128, TTY 800-735-2900 or Oregon Relay Service 7-1-1.
- Si desea obtener información sobre este proyecto traducida al español, sírvase llamar al 503-731-4128.